Thursday, August 28, 2014

does nail polish even qualify


I've recently made some abrupt changes to my company and our focus is now on supporting small businesses and local artisans. This quarter's box will feature the company Plum Island Soap Co and each box will include 3 full size bath + body products and two fashion accessories. I've come across a ton of other companies I plan on reaching out to that sell bath + body, skincare as well as makeup. I haven't decided if I really want to include "makeup" makeup in the box yet. You know, bb creams, mascara's, etc... You just don't know what people like, what works with their skin tone and currently my platform isn't advanced enough to make those kinds of customizations for each and every subscriber. A little nail polish and lipstick is okay, but I think that's about as far as I may go when it comes to makeup. Does nail polish even qualify?

So anyway, I made the mistake of ordering several hundreds of dollars worth of product only to find out that the scent was way too overpowering. I ordered the wild lavender body oil and bar soap as well as the Mermaid Milk Bath. The thing with lavender is you either really love it or really hate it. Honestly, it smelled like a really expensive bug spray. I almost freaked out but Plum Island Soap Co has excellent customer service and agreed to exchange everything for other scents. Thank goodness because... 

So I decided to go with the Naked Shower Gel, Ylang Ylang Body Butter and the Soothing Foot Soak. Well this is what I've come up with so far, I just sent that huge order back yesterday so I have until September 2nd to finalize my decision. I feel like this may be a better choice than what I had chosen previously, at least I hope so. This time around, I'm gonna order the body butter to make sure that it is a scent that I can live with, well, my subscribers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Instagram Follow Me