Friday, August 8, 2014

some 20 years later

Since I can remember, I have always loved my grandparents bedroom furniture. I didn't know it then, but eventually figured out that the style was mid century modern. Some 20 years later I am still in love. My personal style for furniture and homes has changed, but I always seem to come back to this particular style. If my grandmother wanted to sell or give it away, I'd happily snatch it up. While I don't care to outfit my entire home in this style of furniture, I'd like to incorporate pieces throughout my home, or shall I say my future home. For example, I'd love my media cabinet to be mid century modern, my dresser and bed for my bedroom and maybe a side table or two. I think my boy Karl would compliment any piece of MCM furniture in the living room. I'm sure my fiance will go along with this, at least that is my hope. Below are several spaces that inspire my love of this style. While I would use only 1 or 2 pieces of MCM furniture in a room, I am still in love with each space and every single piece of furniture in all of these rooms.


1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7


No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Instagram Follow Me